Saturday 25 January 2014

Frankie Diary: A Review

For Christmas my lovely boy got me many a beautiful gift (i was a very lucky lady indeed) but one of my most favorite gifts he brought me was this frankie diary.


For anyone that knows me knows that i'm a lot a little on the disorganised side. I always leave things until the last minute such as plans and things and i'd prefer a long lazy lie in to getting up bright and early on my Saturday morning (but who doesn't right?) however frankie diary is changing this!
I attempted and failed last year at keeping myself organised with a diary however my disorganised self didn't buy one until April! Now that is a bit silly as you can imagine there was nada on the shelves. I spent about a week trying to find the most wonderful, cute diary that would inspire me to start being more organised and active however my attempts seriously flopped and I ended up buying a simple plain black one from WHSMITHS. It wasnt an awful diary but if your like me and you need something filled with pastel colours and beautiful sketchings to make you excited and motivated then this really wasn't the diary for you. I ended up spending most of my time trying to make it look wonderful with Cath Kidston stickers from my scrap book and washi tape. This wasn't a success. In the end I resulted back to just trying to remember all my most important dates.

This year however is a whole different diary story. I first spotted the frankie diary in 2013 pictured on someones beautiful instagram and i thought right there and then I NEED THIS PASTEL PINK WONDERFULNESS. However it was too late, they had all sold out and it was just me and my boring black diary. I kept an eye open across the big wide internet and stalked Frankie's website obsessively until low and behold the 2014 edition was available to pre-order! I hovered over the pre-order button until my fingers went numb, then my boy chirped up and said "I'll get you it for Christmas if you want?" I couldn't contain my excitement. I was finally going to have my very own frankie diary.

Christmas day came and so did my frankie diary. I ripped the pretty packaging open and with a grin on my face that could rival the Cheshire cats I began scouting through the pages. It was more than I could ever have wished for.


This diary is filled with wonderful illustrations, pastel colours, quirky designs and extremely useful bits and bobs, much to my delight.
As soon as you open the book you are welcomed by wonderful floral patterns and this continues throughout the whole diary each month being given there own special little floral wallpaper.


Like most diaries this has a yearly planner as well alongside the calender each month has there own beautifully sketched flower with the flower that is most common in there month, it's such a beauty to look at!


It has a helpful birthday chart at the back so you can jot down you favorites birthdays without having to flick through the whole diary, perfect for quick checks. It has its very own budget list helping a girl sort out her spends and funds. And address book for storing all those important peoples address's, notes pages for on the go thinking and beautiful tear out shopping lists which match the beautiful floral theme not to mention the handy store away pocket at the back!


I love how wonderfully organised it is and how easy frankie have made it to get to your important bits. The outside is a wonderful green colour with a beautiful cream stamp of flowers and daily journal 2014, it looks cute yet so professional. You could literally use this diary for work and play.
It's a good size as well, fitting snuggly into my hand bag and is not to heavy to carry around with you, result!


My opinion on this diary is, fantastic. If your known for being disorganised like myself and need that little extra to make you motivated to plan your weeks properly then this diary does that. Its cute flowery vintage pages make you smile as you write and turn them. The added extras are bonuses too, making sure your organised as you possibly can be. This diary is a real hit with anyone that adores cute, floral vintage patterns and those that love to be organised.
Have any of you out there purchased this wonderful diary? Or maybe you've got an equally gorgeous diary that isn't a frankie one? I'd love to hear all about your wonderful diaries and tips on being extra organised for the future!


Until next time tea drinkers! x

No comments:

Post a Comment